How can I increase my cards' limit?
- Credit card: the increase can be done by applying at the nearest branch. Our staff will value your application and will inform you about the decision.
- Debit card: the increase can be done by applying at the nearest branch.
Can I use my debit/credit card for purchases in POS, ATM and Internet?
- If you have a Mastercard you can make online purchases in Albania and abroad, POS purchases and ATM withdraws wherever you see the Mastercard logo.
- If you have an American Express card you can make online purchases abroad, POS purchases and ATM withdraws wherever you see the American Express logo.
- If you have a Visa credit card in Euro or Lek you can make online purchases in Albania and abroad, POS purchases and ATM withdraws wherever you see the Visa logo
Can I pay contactless with my cards?
If your card has the ''contactless'' signage you can may payments without contact with your card. Actually Alpha Bank offers this functionality to the following cards:
- Enter Mastercard Debit
- Visa Credit in Euro
- Visa Credit in Lek
- Amex Debit in Lek
- American Express Green
- American Express Gold
You can apply for one of the above cards at our branches.
I want to apply for a consumer loan. What are the interest rates?
Learn more HERE
I am facing some difficulties on repaying my loan. What can i do?
We suggest you to visit your Alpha Bank branch and our staff will support you with the best solution based on your situation.
I want to apply for a consumer loan but I do not have a co applicant.
Alpha Bank offers the following credit limits without the need of a co-applicant or a guarantor.
- Up to 500,000 Lekë for a maximum repayment period of 5 years with a floating interest rate.
- Up to 3,000 EUR / 420,000 Lekë for a maximum repayment period of 5 years with a fixed interest rate.
Which is the maximum amount i can apply for a consumer loan?
- You can apply up to 500,000 lekë without a guarantor
- You can apply up to 2,000,000 Lekë with a guarantor if you are a payroll customer and up to 1,500,000 leke if you are a standard customer.
- If you need a higher amount you can apply for a secured consumer loan up to 40,000 Euro ose 5,200,000 leke.
Which is the maximum repayment period i can apply for a consumer loan?
You may apply for an unsecured consumer loan up to 7 years and up to 15 years for a secured consumer loan.
Can i make an early repayment of my consumer loan?
Yes you can make an early repayment of your consumer loan. If you have a consumer loan with floating interest you do not pay an early disbursement fee. if you have a consumer loan with fixed interest you pay 1% of the outstanding balance if the loan is repaid 1 year before its term and 0.5% of the outstanding if the loan is repaid during its last year.
What are the criteria for obtaining a mortgage loan?
To apply for a home loan at Alpha Bank Albania, you must be resident in Albania (or apply with a co-borrower resident in Albania) and meet the following minimum requirements:
- Income statement
- Identity card or passport
- Collateral documents
- Minimum 1 (one) year of service
What are the interest rates and commissions that the Bank applies to customers?
Learn more at this LINK
What currency should I choose when getting a loan?
The bank finances in EUR and LEK, but in order to avoid exchange rate risk, we would suggest the currency in which you generate income.
What deadline should I choose to get a loan?
The bank finances up to 30 years for home loans but provided that the age of the client does not exceed 68 years at the maturity of the loan.
What are the costs associated with applying for a mortgage loan?
The costs you will pay are:
- Disbursement Commission
- Property valuation
- Legal costs (loan and mortgage contract)
- Life insurance for the borrower and property insurance
Can the loan be repaid before maturity and with what penalty?
Yes, the loan can be closed at any time by paying a penalty of 0.5% of the amount you are repaying.
I want to perform transactions from my account but I do not have Alpha e-Banking. Can I apply online?
Yes. You can apply online but you will need to have at least one phone number or e-mail registered in our system. Please follow the instructions in the link published HERE. For any additional information regarding e-banking please contact us at 042 278 736.
My Alpha e-Banking account is blocked, how can I unlock my account without having to log in to the branch?
When you try to log in more than 3 times and the login is unsuccessful, your account is blocked. In this case, you should send an e-mail to email@example.com, requesting account unlock. After sending the email, you will be contacted by our staff at the phone number you have registered in the system. If you are not in possession of the stated email address and phone number, the account unlock process cannot be performed online.
I forgot my password, how can I proceed?
The application allows you to set a new Password. Before logging in to the application, in the window where the Password is placed, on the right is "Forget Password". You need to click on this button, and then follow the required process, finally setting a new password as desired, applying the security standard required by the bank.
When I make a transaction I ask for a security code, where do I find the code?
In addition to the Alpha Bank ALB application, in order to be able to perform transactions, you need to download and connect to the Alpha Safe Access security device. Read HERE the instructions about Alpha Safe Access.
Can I pay utility bills at Alpha Bank?
Yes, you can pay bills for UKT, OSHEE, ALBtelecom, Vodafone and Telekom.
You can activate the debit service directly at the link HERE
Can I transfer money from outside Albania to Alpha Bank if I do not have an account with your Bank?
Alpha Bank Albania offers the MoneyGram service through which your relatives can send you money.
What services can I apply for online?
You can apply online for:
- Alpha e-Banking
- Opening a new account or activating an inactive account
- Direct debit for utility bill payments
- Debit card or pin code reset and debit / credit card reset / reactivation
- Before applying for a credit or credit card
What is CRS?
The Common Reporting Standard “CRS” is a new requirement for gathering information and reporting for financial institutions in participating countries / jurisdictions, to help combat tax evasion and to protect the integrity of tax systems.
Who does "CRS" apply to?
CRS requires financial institutions to identify tax residences for all clients and in most cases to report information to clients who are tax residents outside the country / jurisdiction where they hold their accounts.
Why am I asking about my tax residence jurisdiction?
According to CRS, tax authorities require financial institutions such as Alpha Bank Albania to collect and report certain information regarding the tax status of their clients. If you open a new bank account, invest in new financial products or change your circumstances in some way, we will ask you to verify a number of details for yourself. This process is called "self-certification" and we are required to collect this information under "CRS".
What is CRS self-certification?
Self-certification is the process by which a Financial Institution requires its Account Holders to verify a number of details about themselves in order to determine the country / countries in which they are a tax resident. We as Alpha Bank Albania are asked to collect this information from you.
Does "CRS" affect me?
"CRS" affects all natural persons and entities (i.e. legal persons or legal arrangements) holding an account.
If you have opened an account or received a banking product after 01.01.2019, you can confirm your tax residence through the self-certification process. If you have opened an account or received a banking product up to and including 31.12.2018, according to the rules of due diligence, Alpha Bank Albania must identify and determine the details of your tax residence and locate your reportable accounts.
What information are we required to provide and verify?
In accordance with CRS requirements, we will ask you to:
- Place of birth * (for individual and control persons)
- Date of birth * (for individual and control persons)
- Place (ies) and jurisdiction (ies) of the tax residence
- Taxpayer identification number *
- Place of registration / inclusion (for subjects)
- Entity type (for entities)
- Type of controlling person for certain types of entity (for controlling persons)
* this does not apply to all participating countries / jurisdictions and is subject to the requirements of local law.
How is my tax residence determined?
This will depend on where you live and your circumstances. Please contact a professional tax advisor or consult the OECD website for more information on how to determine your tax residence, as Alpha Bank Albania is unable to provide tax advice.
I have given you my details. Why are you asking me for supporting documents?
We are required by law to verify the details you provided as part of your self-certification. We may ask you for a copy of your passport to verify your identity or any other proof of your tax residence stated in your self-certification.