3D Secure Service
How does this service work?
3D Secure is a verification process that aims to prevent fraud for online transactions with your card, thus increasing security during online usage of your card.
To take advantage of this service, you must either be an Alpha e-Banking user and have access to "Alpha Safe Access AL" application, or have the correct mobile number registered in the bank. The service is an additional security step in the card payment process for Internet transactions. The verification process is as per the following steps:
1. A window with the details of the transaction being performed with your card will appear on the screen of your computer or mobile device.
2. Before confirming the transaction, carefully check details such as: the amount, card number and name of the merchant, displayed either in the Alpha Safe Access AL application or in the SMS sent to the mobile number you have registered in the bank.
3. If the details match the ones of the transaction you are performing, confirm it either in the Alpha Safe Access AL application, or by submitting the one-time verification password (OTP) that was sent via SMS to your mobile device.
How do you know if the dealer is 3D Secure?
To find out if the merchant where you are performing the transaction offers the 3D Secure service, you should check out his webpage. If the site has the logo of Mastercard Secure Code or phrase “3D Secure” the merchant offers the 3D Secure service.
To take advantage of the 3D Secure service, you need:
1. Be an Alpha e-Banking user and have access to "Alpha Safe Access AL" application (you can download these applications for free in the App Store or Google Play after you have applied online for registration at Alpha e-Banking HERE or at any of our branches) or,
2. Have the correct mobile number registered with the bank (if you do not have the correct one you can update it in any of our branches).
Read below the tutorial